Wednesday, May 04, 2005

greenhouse

Dave got the heater in the greenhouse thursday of last week. I started moving tomatos and cucumbers out the next afternoon. I have 8 cucumbers and 25 tomatos. I am keeping nine big boy, 8 Alaska tropic and 8 fourth of July. I have two pots of two each green peppers. I am sure disappointing in how slow they are growing. Maybe they need fertalizer. I should fertalize everything tomorrow.
Most all the zucchine and yellow squash is in 5 gallon buckets in the gazeebo until it is warm enough overnight for them outside. I still have a couple that need to find homes. I only have 4 cucumbers left. I moved them into the guestroom with the left over tomatos and got the shelves out of my bedroom.
I planted about half the cabbage red cabbage and brocolli outside with dome covers. I hope that works. I planted a couple letuce, but don't expect that to make it. It is down to 40 and it is only 10pm. It will be pretty cold tonight. I planted a row of carrots, but decided not to plant any radishes until I have a shady area. The peas are soaking overnight and will go into soil tomorrow afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger StarKnits said...

YUM i always get sooo hungry for salad and veggies when i read your blog! sounds so nice. i'm sure the tomatoes will love the fertilizer!

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home