Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Todays progress.

I don't remember what day I planted the first of the green peas. It was a Tuesday, so was probably 3 weeks ago today, the third. Peas will sit there semi dormant until soils warm enough for them to sprout, so I wasn't terribly concerned about the early date. They did not sprout till about the 17th. I planted another group on the 19th and the rest today. After I finished planting I weeded the entire bed and admired the week old sprouts. Actually there are more of that first group coming up every day. I guess I did not get them all evenly deep. Some seeds pushed themselves up to the top when the roots emerged and I pushed those back down about 3/4 inch. They are coming back up now, too.
The onions I planted on the 19th are coming up nicely. They are still emerging, but there are enough to tell exactly where the rows are and week them. I dont see any carrots, yet, but they will probably be showing up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home