Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Peas

I have been too busy harvesting my garden to post messages. A virus is killing almost every cucumber plant in town. I lost three, but the 5 I still have are trying to come back. They are growning new leaves and beginning to flower again. I picked the last ripe cucumber yesterday to send to Kaiden. The tomatoes are doing fine. I moved some out of the greenhouse and spread the others out a bit and they are producing more friut. I picked about a 2 quarts this morning. The zucchini and yellow squash are racing to see who can produce the most the fastest. All of the first heads of brocolli have been either eater or frozen. I am harvesting the side shoots now and some of them are as big as the first heads. I took Kym a red cabbage along with everything else last Sunday. Yesterday I picked the first peas. Ryan has been snacking on them for two weeks now, but they are big enough to shell and eat for dinner now. I will have more to pick tomorrow. The celery is doing fine as are the garlic and onions. I bought and planted some brussel sprouts and am watching to see what they do. The plants are huge and healthy, but I don't see anything that looks like a sprout.
The onions are bunching size. I have a couple carrots, but they can grow for another month or so. Carrots take forever to get big enough to eat. Litterally, all summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home